Mac OSX and Windows platforms: Adobe Creative Cloud apps (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks, Acrobat), iMovie, HTML editors (Sublime Text, for example), Smartsheet, MailChimp and other email apps, HubSpot CRM and other customer relationship apps, and more.
Adobe Authorized Training
I have completed the Certified Web Designer Technology Track of courses at Train Simple, an Adobe Authorized Training Center, to refresh and maintain my skills.
- I have supervised web design projects from the discovery process through launch.
- While on staff for in-house corporate and product marketing departments, I’ve worked closely with Directors of Marketing and PR, as well as with engineers and programmers, in order to ensure that complex websites, email templates and applications are presented with consistent and current design standards.
- I’ve also managed small teams of graphic designers and web developers, vetted and hired vendors and contractors, and recommended and purchased photography and software.
- As part of my weekly routine, I wrote and edited stories for publication on the university’s News blog, as well as for the alumni magazine, HNU Today, and ensured that quality content and press releases were published on a regular basis. I regularly contribute articles to the Get Famous blog managed by the agency I work for.
- My award-winning display ad campaign was co-branded to complement redesigned and edited Info Night R.S.V.P. landing pages, segmented for different majors, for the Admissions Department. Automated emails were editorially improved, and monthly text and graphical updates to promote the following month’s event were planned with a marketing communications calendar. The efforts increased page visits by over 400% and measurably improved attendance.
- I’ve implemented new social networking pages (Twitter, LinkedIn, FourSquare) and strategies for maintaining existing Facebook Fan pages. My agency work includes the maintenance of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest pages for travel and tourism clients, with the expectation of increasing fans and visibility.
- I’ve advised on crisis communications for university social network sites.
- As University Web Manager at Holy Names University, I was responsible for managing all Web communications, ranging from metadata to page content to image selection to branding.
- I have experience in developing site architecture, file naming conventions, site map XML files and meta data with search engine optimization in mind.
- I code using clean, valid HTML5 and CSS in order to create quick-loading, accessible sites. I have experience coordinating design efforts with PHP, Cold Fusion, Blackbaud, hybris and Drupal developers.
- I’ve designed a wide range of design projects including full color B2B print ads, software packaging and manuals, corporate identity packages, brochures, booklets, invitations, bookmarks and postcards and other printed marketing collateral.
- In taking marketing collateral projects from start to finish, I’ve interviewed clients to review their project’s needs as part of the discovery process, completed and presented comps and revisions, purchased photography and illustration, and prepared files for output.
- In my staff roles at a visual effects company and later at a new media company I was responsible for creating the corporate identity style guide and enforcing its correct application to in-house design projects.